Thursday, July 26, 2012

1st day of Orientation Week

Firstly, why i came far away to UK for study????

I came here not because of wasting time. After 2 months of my studies, it helps me opening my mind, and give me lots of opportunities to experience of different culture, foods, learning approaches, and the most important is learning to be independent.

Let me introduce Sheffield Hallam Uni.There actually have 2 uni in Sheffield which is Sheffield Hallam Uni ( Where i studied) and University of Sheffield
The main entrance which is called Owen Building


Try read the quote on the wall of the building


This is the largest lecture theatre which can occupied 1000 student


Those successful person




Here where the Andrew Firecracker give from Student support giving the speech


Free food after orientation




This is the inside of Owen building
*Up view*
Some souvenirs from our uni

Different kind of vendor machine



The Hubs-Can you see the unique of their building design??*Looks like onion*



The slope that i need to pass thru everyday..

The only Sainsbury which is near to our uni. Its like Malaysia 7-11





Far view from the train station as my uni is just opposite of the Sheffield train station


There got cinema , but this cinema is very expensive and not much movie. I dont use to go this cinema



Reception desk





During our summer semester, each week, we are required to attend at least 2 hours lectures and at least 2 hours seminars for each subject.

As an accounting student, we are required to choose 3 subjects out of 4 subjects given.
The subject choices are :
- STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING
- CORPORATE FINANCE

- CORPORATE REPORTING

- PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANT SKILLS FOR BUSINESS DECISION (PASBD)

PASBD (100% course work based subject) is compulsory for all accounting students.
I choose other 2 subject which is Corporate Reporting (CR) and Corporate Finance (CF).

*PASBD (100% COURSEWORK)
Out of the modules we are doing during the summer semester, I found that PASBD the most useful for me to prepare me for my future career.
This is the module where I had learnt the most!!! Communication Skills and Soft Skills!!


Under PASBD, we will be constantly assigned with different team members to work for different case studies and presentations
EVERY WEEK.
We will need to work with different people (be it your friends or not friends) to work out different tasks
EVERY WEEK (presentations, meetings, role play, report writing, reflective writing etc). Teamwork is very important to make things work!

Everyweek, we have to present our presentation to the different tutor based on the list of groups that have been set, tutors will give feedbackes that helped us improve & improve again for our next task.

Most of the students here may find it hard to adapt to PASBD requirements during the first few weeks .But for me, i feel nothing to be fear of, as what i learned now actually is the same with my working environment. I use to speak with strangers, directors, management and other peers.



No comments:

Post a Comment